OUR FUNDRAISING SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Board & Staff Training – conducting individual coaching and group trainings to de-mystify fundraising, articulate the case for support and enhance face-to-face solicitation
- Planning – assessing and mapping out strategies to increase giving, strengthen both organizational capacity and infrastructure and diversify income
- Major Gifts – launching programs from scratch, step-by-step, or enhancing existing efforts
- Capital Campaigns – launching first-time campaigns for small to mid-size non-profits
- Special Events – providing event production, fundraising and design services for major and minor fundraisers and donor cultivation events
- Direct Mail – writing, designing and producing compelling print and online campaigns
- Program Design – creating giving clubs, named giving and sponsorship opportunities, giving guidelines and donor recognition strategies
- Prospect Research – screening and rating current donors and identifying prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Grant Writing – creating template and tailored Letters of Intent and proposals and attachments
- Feasibility Studies – conducting the preparatory studies for capital and special fundraising campaigns
- Interim Development Staffing – serving as needed in senior Development roles
- Job Searches
Learn More about The Wingo Intervention; six months that will change your organization.
FROM GALAS TO DONOR CULTIVATION EVENTS, each year we produce a variety of large and small special events in and around New York City. With an eye always on the bottom line, we work to make events as profitable and painless as possible, establishing and nurturing relationship with current and new donors. Working closely with staff, volunteers and
board members, we effectively engage your team in special event planning and fundraising. We know that special events must deliver a message to donors and we create events that are meaningful and creative. And we are not afraid of first time events.
Writing & Design Services
Whether it's launching a new branding campaign for an entire organization or creating an invitation for a one-time special event, we create cost-effective donor and constituent communications. With our in-house design studio, we can provide a full range of creative services from concept to delivery:
- Direct Mail and Newsletters
- Online Appeals and Web Promotions
- Printed Brochures and Stewardship Materials
- Annual Reports and Case Statements
- Websites and Webpage Design
- Special Event Invitations and Collateral
- Press Releases and Fact Sheets
WRITING AND DESIGNING cost-effective case materials is a large part of what we do. We gather information by interviewing staff, board, volunteers, clients and donors to articulate a fresh, compelling case for support.
In addition to writing newsletters, annual reports and brochures, we create the kinds of supporting materials that go into a professional press kit, major donor packet or foundation proposal package, such as organization overviews, program summaries, fact sheets, maps, timelines, client stories, and our favorite, the Donor Q&A – answers to the ten most challenging questions donors ask when being solicited for a gift to your organization.
Workshops & Trainings
We provide a wide variety of trainings and workshops appropriate for audiences at varying levels of experience and enthusiasm for fundraising. In addition to client trainings, our team has entertained audiences across the country at venues including but not limited to: Art New York, Berkshire Taconic Foundation, Center for Non-Profit Success, Columbia School of Public Health, Fundraising Day in New York, Grassroots Institute for Fundraising and Training, Non-Profit Coordinating Committee of New York and Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York.
- Building Your Fundraising Team
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- Creating a Development Plan
- Crowdsourcing 101
- Engaging Board Members in Fundraising
- Engaging Volunteers in Fundraising
- Enhancing Your Individual Giving Program
- Face-to-Face Solicitation Training
- Fundraising 101 For Your Non-Fundraising Staff
- Getting Over Your Fear of Asking
- Grant-making for Religious Organizations
- Message Development
- Multi-Channel Fundraising
- Reinventing Your Stewardship Program
- Special Events Planning and Implementing
- Unpacking Your Spiritual Baggage About Fundraising
Contact Christa Orth to find out how to arrange a workshop at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board training to increase fundraising capacity
When you have the kind of training that we got from Wingo NYC, it helped us board members stop worrying about asking people for money and start to find pride in asking people for money for such a wonderful cause.
-Eliza Winans Rossman, former board chair, Heights and Hills
When we started our work with Heights and Hills, a social service agency that supports older adults, they needed our help to get their board members engaged in fundraising. Through identifying prospects, board training, event planning and the development of a beautiful new logo and case materials, Wingo NYC set up Heights and Hills and its board to increase their fundraising capacity in the short and long-term.
Demystifying fundraising for staff, board and volunteers
Before I started working with Wingo, I really had no concept of what fundraising was...It really became not a consultant relationship, but a partnership.
-Peter Goldberg, Executive Director, Brooklyn Community Bail Fund
Brooklyn Community Bail Fund was a start-up organization when they hired us, with only one staff person and a small donor list. Through our six-month signature service, the Wingo Intervention, we equipped them with the comprehensive fundraising knowledge and tools they needed to grow, and that they did. After a successful year-end appeal, major donor cultivation event and productive meetings with board and donor prospects, they hired new staff members, expanded their board and greatly increased their organizational budget – through both knowledge and confidence.
Implementing strategies to make genuine connections with major donors
While the challenge was in re-establishing the relationships, the opportunities were really in those conversations. We were able to turn those relationships around.
-Sharon Stapel, former Executive Director, New York City Anti-Violence Project
The New York City Anti-Violence Project became our longtime client several years ago when the new Executive Director and Development Director needed help making and rebuilding relationships with major donors who had lapsed. Wingo NYC provided valuable strategy and held their hands to ensure the organization would have a solid base of supporters for years to come. Since then, AVP has hired and re-hired us to design and implement a corporate sponsorship campaign, produce annual special events, and provide interim leadership staffing, board trainings and more.
Making compelling and beautiful cases for giving
Doug really helped us make the connection between having an inspiring idea, and being very specific with a donor and saying “Now we need your help.”
-Chris Tepper, Co-founder of the New York City AIDS Memorial
We came on board with the New York City AIDS Memorial at the very beginning, and helped them communicate the importance of a public monument for those that we have lost to HIV/AIDS. From the moment the group became a non-profit, we trained and supported the all-volunteer board, transforming them into a fundraising powerhouse. We equipped them with stunning print and online materials and engaging special events that conveyed a powerful case for support. Together, we raised $6 million to open the memorial on World AIDS Day 2016.
Producing stellar special events, with heart
I don't have any care or worry the night of the event because Wingo has it down pat.
-Kofo Anifalaje, Development Officer, North Star Fund
When North Star Fund, the largest social justice funder in NYC, needed someone to produce their wildly popular, 600-person and growing, sit-down dinner gala, Wingo NYC stepped in with fervor. From selecting well-known honorees to strengthening the event program, and from motivating the volunteer host committee to managing day-of fundraising strategy, we have helped the event rocket into the stratosphere. This year’s gala raised $1 million, a first for North Star Fund.